Question
Posted by: Lizzy | 2004/10/18

Ectopic???

I'm 32 yrs.found out that I'm 4 weeks pregnant (1st time preg.) I have a very uncomfortable feeling (it is not a pain as such) on my left hand side.Sometimes it feel like there is some traped air inside and I can feel it almost al the time. Could this be a sign of an ectopic or am I just being paranoid?

Ectopic could present with pain but an ultrasound would tell you what is going on

2
Posted by: Purple | 2004/10/19

When you have an ectopic pregnancy, the pain is excruciating. I took really strong painkillers (I didn't suspect I was even pregnant), and they had absoloutely no effect. I started to bleed bright red blood within half an hour of feeling the pain. It was a sharp pain, what I would imagine it feels like to be stabbed, though it wasn't a stabbing pain, just one constant pain.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: 10 weeks | 2004/10/19

Yes, I had exactly the same thing and it wasn't ectopic. Most of the time I found it was actually a build up of gas in my bowels, and if I lay down on my side for a while the gas would escape (sorry for the description!), and the feeling would pass.
I am now ten weeks and I still have it from tme to time although the gynae has confirmed all is well with baby.

Reply to 10 weeks