Question
Posted by: Jay | 2007/08/21

Ecstasy for couples counselling

HI Doc,

I have been doing some research on the “love drug” and have seen reports of psychologists that have used ecstasy as part of couples counselling.

It seems to have been quite popular in Europe. What is your opinion about it?

Jay

Any psychologist who does so is a quack. They cannot prescribe drugs, and are very foolish indeed if they recommend the use of illicit drugs, especially where there is absolutely NO good evidence that something like Ecstacy is every useful in treating anything.

1
Posted by: jskr | 2007/08/22

I think this wpould do more damage, as the "intimacy" that you feel and share is not genuine, therefore making you feel "used end exploited" once the drug wears off...

Reply to jskr