Question
Posted by: Liz | 2004/10/21

eating to lower cholestrol level

I have just had a fasting cholestrol check done by my doctor and my cholestrol level is 6.27
When i go into the info on Cholestrol it advises me to click on the table to see what I should eat to lower this, but it only returns me to the home page. can you please give me an indication as to what I should eat.
Many thanks

Dear Liz
Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet, which will assist with lowering cholesterol. If you don't need to lose any weight you can eat larger portions of the permitted foods. Also click on 'You are what you eat" and then on 'Healthy Heart' and read all the relevant articles.

1
Posted by: brad | 2004/10/23

some advice -- you may not like
you need to excercise quite a lot - to get your cholesterol down --
even if you are going to eat better.

Reply to brad