Question
Posted by: kevin | 2003/03/05

Eating the night before the Two Oceans

Please advise on what we should eat and dring the Friday before the big race. I know a lot of carbo and liquid.

Dear Kevin
Make sure that you are well hydrated without drowning in liquid - use 2-3 extra glasses of water or energy drink. Eat a simple high-carb meal like pasta with tomato sauce made from fresh tomatoes with some Feta cheese, wholewheat rolls with a scraping of polyunsaturated marg, fruit juice and fruit or even an energy bar. And get a good rest. Let me know how it goes - I shall hold thumbs for you.