Question
Posted by: me :) | 2004/10/20

Eating questions

Im looking to get back into shape! i recently tore my hamstring and was out of action for 4 months and picked up some unwanted wieght! 1st Question: I wanto gym before work each morning, Should i do so on an empty stomach? (I read alot of mens health and other resources and there are just so many theories and rules of fat loss) 2nd Question: My appetite is out of Control, im always so hungry, never used to be like this! And i eat alot, i took appetit suppressants which worked abit, but when i stopped taking them my appetite trippled! i feel tired and lethargic after i eat aswell! help please.

Dear Me
You need to have a light breakfast before you exercise (fruit or fruit juice, cereal with milk or yoghurt and a hot beverage) to raise your blood sugar levels after your overnight fast other wise you are going to feel too tired to exercise. Then have a second breakfast once your appetite returns at say 10 am - fruit, wholewheat sandwiches, cottage cheese, lean meat, yoghurt, etc. You will find that your energy levels and appetite will return to normal once you are back to exercising regularly again.