Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/10/20

Eating plan

Hi dietdoc loving excercising and getting fitter and leaner. I do now 3 days 40min high intensity cardio followed by 20min spot training either 2 days swimming. My eating plan is the following: post work out 100ml fat free milk and 2 scoops wey protein/ breakfast 20g oats/linseed snack mini fat free yogurt and nuts lunch 3 rice cakes ham tamato cottage cheese snack 2 rice cakes with thin spread peanut butter dinner 2 rice cakes 2 chickenrashers bit of jam 100ml veggies before bed mini shake - too much food? I want to burn fat! Love getting fitter.

Dear Kasandra
I am glad to hear that you are so enjoying the exercising -it is a wonderful feeling to get fit and trim. I am still worried about your diet which still not properly balanced. If I remeber correctly you don't need to lose actual weight? If so, please be kinder to your body and don't deprive yourself so much. Try eating Provitas which have a higher fibre content than the rice cakes (and also taste better!). Your protein intake is also very high which is NOT necessary when you are trying to build muscles. The exercise will do that for you, but it take time!

Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/10/21

Thanks carole no not at all i am adding veggie juice to my diet and want to lower my PS intake. Any advice always welcome. I love rice cakes.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Carole | 2008/10/21

I congratulate your enthusiasm!

I don' t see enough fruits and vegetables. You need to add a lot more!

What' s with all the rice cakes? I' m not seeing much in the way of ' food' . Starvation will not help you burn the fat. It will only make your body want to store more.

I think I' ll shut up now and wait for the doc to reply.

Reply to Carole