Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2005/11/30

Eating plan

Dear Dietdoc

My eating plan is as follows:
I eat the following during a day when i feel like i am hungry in no regular order.
2 Bowels of All Bran
2 100ml vatelina fat free yogurts
about a glass of fat free milk over my cereal and in my tea and coffee have about 3 cups a day decaf, rooibos and normal coffee.
1 Whole Wheat Rusk
1 Orange
1 Banana
1 Apple
Usually 2 veggies which I eat at night ......
Drink lots of water and sometimes drink a lean pro shake when i feel like it.

I do moderate 45 minutes excercise 3 times a week.
What do you think of my eating plan, I picked up 5kg and I am trying to lose this.

In your opition is it beter to do 30 minutes excercise a day then 3 times a week 45 minutes?

Dear Kasandra
You should lose weight with this diet. I presume you are a vegetarian? This dietary intake is rather minimalistic and does not include any lean meat or fish? If you are a vegetarian and this is typical of your dietary intake even when you are not trying to lose weight, then you need to take a complete vitamin and mineral supplement such as Centrum or Supradyn Forte (to supplement your iron, zinc, and B12 intakes). It may also be a good idea to take a source of omega-3 fatty acids like Salmon oil capsules (or if you are a strict vegetarian, aks the chemist for a plant source of omega-3 like flaxseed oil). Experts the all over the world agree that daily exercise for 30 min is desirable (this adds up to 210 min of exercise per week, compared to 135 min if you do 3 x 45 min a week).

2
Posted by: Jo | 2005/11/30

Hey there,
I think you should have 1 bowl of kelloggs.... (a fist full)
Increase your cardio to five or six times a week..
You need to burn more calories than you consume.
I think if u do cardio four or less times per week, you will be able to maintain your weight not lose.
Also make sure that you are not already at you ideal weight. If you are, then it will be harder to lose weight.

Reply to Jo
Posted by: for kasandra | 2005/11/30

joclyn at vipertech dot co dot za, can help you with a eating plan, i have lot 7kg since october 4th, and you are eating very little nutrients

Reply to for kasandra