Question
Posted by: Jenny | 2005/06/30

EATING PALN FOR SPORTSMAN

My son plays provincial hockey. he has three practices a week and a game over week-ends but he needs to loose about 5 kilos. I I need a good eating plan for him.

Dear Jenny
Because your son competes at the Provincial level, I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian. Check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to sscharf@nhcltd.com or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area. When you contact the dietitian ask if she/he specialises in sports nutrition. It is important that he has an individual diet worked out which takes his age, exercise and weight into account. Also click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read to articles I have written on carbohydrates and proteins for Sportsmen and women to obtain information about sports nutrition.