Question
Posted by: s | 2004/10/19

eating disorders

i go through periods where i eat a lot and then i go through periods where the thought of eat ing makes me ill. i've recently started taking melodene and i'm terrified that i'll gain weight, but i'm not over or underwieght at the moment. do i have an eating disorder?

s, I don't know an can't know. The right answer at this stage, would be "maybe". You'd need to see a good shrink, a psychiatrist in this situation who'd better understand the interplay of the Melodene Pill, also, for a proper assessment and advice based on that. Many of us do, while quite normal, eat more at some times, and less at others. But "where the thought of eating makes me ill" sounds dodgy.