Posted by: Kien | 2008/12/14

Eating disorder - what now?

I think I might have have BED, but I don' t know what to do about it.
What is the first steps that I need to take to get help?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberShrink

I'm guessing you mean Binge-Eating Disorder, which is not yet an officially recognized diagnosis or abbreviation for a variant of Eating Disorder. Nor is it yet established that differentiating this from the existing and ecognized Eating Disorders is actually useful, as the treatment is likely to be much the same. YOu need to see any good local psychiatrist for assessment and confirmation of the most useful diagnosis, and can then discuss treatment options. Generally, this may include working with a unit experienced in dealing with Eating Disorders, CBT style therapy / counselling, and perhaps the careful use of some medication. But an good assessment and diagnosis is always the best first step

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.