Question
Posted by: Rien | 2007/12/13

Eating disorder - need advise

Hi Doc,<br><br>I have been struggling for years with dieting and binge eating disorder, and am still very overweight. After much soul-searching I think I'm starting to realise that it's not the dieting that's the problem, it's a kind of panic that sets in once I start losing weight. It's hard to describe, and also very weird since losing weight is all I have been able to think about for the last 15 years, and I so desperately want to be at a normal weight. I stick to a diet for about 2 weeks and then I panick and start eating everything in sight. Even if I'm not dieting and feel thinner I start panicking! This is really confusing at it's in direct contradiction to what I so desperately want i.e. to lose weight!<br><br>Have you got any advise or reading matter I can find about this problem?

Eish, again the gremlins in the system --- I repled to this message and posted it, but the message seems to have disappeared in cyberspace. DO see a good local therapist offering CBT, to help you set aside the false issues of food, weight, shape and control, and regain useful control of your life overall.

3
Posted by: me | 2007/12/14

have lots and lots and lots of sex, you will shed some k's - i promise you

Reply to me
Posted by: anon | 2007/12/14

Eating Disorders can be related to anxiety/depression and if you posted the post in Weight Loss Forum, I answered you there. Have you tried CBT counselling.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Britty | 2007/12/14

You need to post this to Diet Doc and there is also a annex for dieters who help and support each other. Good luck

Reply to Britty