Question
Posted by: Deen | 2004/11/02

Eating correctly for muscle building and reduced fat loss

Hello Cyberdoc,

Thank you for your great response to my previous question. This time a question on diet.

Can I have bran for supper? My rationale here is that during the night my body has less to do. Bran can assist in cleansing the stomach rather than having to digest meat which is usually comsumed at this time of the day. I could instead have my meats (protein) after my morning work out to prevent muscle loss. Will this 'reverse' diet aid my muscle building objective?

Cheers
Deen

Deen, this is more a question for DietDoc than for me, but as far as I know having your main meal at lunchtime is the best. Eating bran at night will probably cause you to wake up from hunger in the middle of the night and I doubt that you will have enough energy to go to the gym in the morning. Why don’t you drop DietDoc a line and get her opinion on it? Good luck.