Question
Posted by: chilli | 2005/12/06

eating chilli and pregnant

Hi. About 1-3 times aweek I eat Tabasco, sweet chill sauce etc. I am 15wks pregnant. Every one is telling me it is not good for the baby I could burn it. Should I leave the stuff or can I still eat it. I eat it with moderation.

It will not affect the baby but may give you heartburn.

3
Posted by: DD | 2005/12/06

i have a 5yr old, i used to down my chilli during the pregnancy from day 1, the extra hots and all, he is fine!
just try not to over do it as it might cause problems at a later stage, like ulcers and all

Reply to DD
Posted by: chilli | 2005/12/06

Thanks Shez and good luck with the pregnancy

Reply to chilli
Posted by: Shez | 2005/12/06

As long as you eat it in moderation and not continously, it shud be fine.
I also love my chilli on almost everything and I still add tobasco to my food. Im currently 6w6d pregs.
But you do need to be careful of heartburn though.

I had chilli in moderation when I was pregnant with my 1st born 6 yrs ago, and had terrible heartburn.

Take Care
Shez

Reply to Shez