Question
Posted by: Antoinette | 2010/02/10

Eating carbs after exercise

Good day.

I am currently following the Weigh-Less regime, which is working out fine. HOwever, this week my team lead told me to not eat carbs after my evening gym session. I gym from round about 5:30 to 7:00 or so, and only eat round about 8:00 pm. Now, I' ve found that it is okay as I' m not that hungry. But....everything I' m reading on health24 suggests I should be replenishing my Carbs. I still have 20kgs to go..........what is the best way here?
Thx.

Dear Antoinette
I must admit that I do not understand why your team leader at Weigh-Less has advised you not te eat carbs after your exercise. I think you should ask her what her motivation is?? Carbs with a high-fibre content have the lowest energy content of 16 kJ per gram (proteins provide 17 kJ/gram and fats provide 37 kJ/gram) and you need to replenish your glycogen stores which will have been depleted by the exercise. So by all means have 1-2 of the Weigh-Less carb portions after exercise, just go easy on the fat.
Good luck with the weightloss

3
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2010/02/10

Have your late afternoon snack after gym Thats the one with 1cc and half a protein. I go to gym in the morning My WL leader told me to exchange my mid morning snack with the late afternoon snack. Yoy have to eat your whole formula per day, for it to work. LOts of people believe that it is not good to eat carbs at night. I dont believe in that. Just as long as it is the BEST choice carb. (like ryvita or low gi bread)

Reply to Tinkerbell
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2010/02/10

Reply to Tinkerbell

Dear Antoinette
Good luck with the weightloss