Question
Posted by: mfusi | 2004/11/13

eating before & after gym...

i heard that it is not a good thing to eat before going to gym. i have tried it but it's really no good b'cause there is just no power!
i have been going to gym for a number of years now and was just wondering if i should eat just before gym and what would be good to have? i am trying to pick up weight and i assume that it is a good idea to eat directly after training...

Expert ImageBodybuilding

Mfusi,

The answers suffice.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist

3
Posted by: Marty | 2004/11/23

They protein 2 hours before a workout is good, but something else you shouldnt forget is that you need carbs for the energy. Drink a sportsdrink with sugar 20 min before training and during training. It will keep your body from feasting on the proteins for energy. Then after the workout, again some carbs and protein, the carbs are for the spent energy and the protein for musclegrowth.

Reply to Marty
Posted by: Bigboy | 2004/11/16

I take a Whey Protein shake 2 hours before i train to allow for some absorption and it works for me. I am feeling stronger and get better results in muscle gain. I take a shake straight after training too which helps the muscles recover form the intense training. If you wanna gain lean muscle cut down the carbs. My trainer makes me eat protein 2.2 times my weight. I am eating over 200g of protein every day. But remember that there is about 30g of protein per 100g chicken. Just my thoughts. Your training and diet will determine how much mass you pick up.

Reply to Bigboy
Posted by: Maree | 2004/11/15

I'll will say drink a whey protein 30 min before workout and their after.

Reply to Maree