Question
Posted by: Snacker! | 2007/05/14

Eating After Gym

Hi Doc,

I train in the evenings & find that I am really hungry when I get home. I try not to eat too much after 7pm but on training days I sometimes only get home around 20h30.
What is the best diet for eating late in the evenings? Should I try a shake meal replacement? I am struggling with this because training makes me so hungry :o\
I believe that I should try to cut out the carbs completely for my evening meal?
I sometimes have a growling tummy at 10pm but know that I shouldn't snack at this time....

Please help!
Thanx

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Snacker

It almost sounds like you are under eating for the amount of energy that you are expending and therefore you body keeps on reminding you how hungry you are. It is very important to refuel the body after training and that is more important than how late in the evenings it is! Always best to go with a liquid meal replacement after trainings as the body needs quick energy. I suggest that you follow with lost of veggies, and a protein portion later when you feel hungry again – do not deprive yourself and do not cut out all the carbs, unless you are a body building and planning to compete. In fact you could even add about 15 – 20g or low GI carbs like lentils. If you are worried about putting on weight and it is close to sleeping time, only consume a protein meal.

Take care!
Vanessa

1
Posted by: Snacker! | 2007/05/17

Thanx Vanessa,

I never thought I would be an under-eater!
I'll give this a try...

Reply to Snacker!