Question
Posted by: girlk | 2007/02/27

eating

hi i work night shift n when i go home,am always tired.i live alone n there4 its hard 4 me to cook.my weight has been dropping n am wonderin if their is a diet i can get which will help me gain weight n be energetic.

Dear Girlk
I understand that it is difficult for people who work night shifts to eat regular meals, but if you plan carefully when it comes to shopping, using ready-to-eat products and preparing foods, then you should be able to cope. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read the articles on what a balanced diet entails. I have also written some articles on the subject of weight gaining. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Fresenius Kabi and Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements Phone Fresenius on (011) 203-2000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a meal supplement such as Fresubin, with or without fibre, at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week.

1
Posted by: for girlk | 2007/02/27

hi girl k

firstly wish i was u, dropping weight wow what a dream? love all u have to do, well something most people reccommed
why not get a whey protein from dischem and drink it 3 time per day with milk, not water it will help promote weight gain and some muscle build up, it is also very nutritional so u will at least be getting sufficient vitimans

God bless good luck

Reply to for girlk