Question
Posted by: Patty | 2005/07/18

Eating

I always hear it being said that you must eat protein first when eating a meal. What does this mean. And do I eat the whole meat, chicken, salmon or tuna first theneat the rest of the meal?

Please help me with this.

Thank you.

Dear Patty
I can't imagine where this advice originated. There is no physiological reason why you need to eat proteins first or last in a meal. Human beings are omnivores which means we can eat all kinds of foods and our digestive systems are designed for us to eat mixtures of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. So eat your meal normally without these strange and unfounded instructions.
Enjoy