Our expert says:
I can only guess that there is a compound in ripe bananas that you are allergic or sensitive to. Ripe bananas do give off ethylene gas which may be the culprit. People often use this fact to ripen other fruit like avocados by placing them in a paper packet together with a ripe banana. Ethylene gas is also used commercially to artificially ripen green, unripe fruit. If this persists then you may need to have allergy or sensitivity tests done to identify exactly which compound you react to. Otherwise, avoid ripe bananas and rather eat other fruit.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal
advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.