Question
Posted by: Mrs T | 2003/01/22

"Eat for your blood type"?

Goodday,

I've lost 14kg in 2002, after my 2nd pregnancy. Since November 2002 I just can't seem to drop any more kg's. I've had my tirroid tested - everythings normal. Since December I've been trying the "eat for your blood type" eating plan. Although I feel good and healthy, I still do not manage to loose weight. At the moment my activities involve keeping busy with 2 toddlers and running a household. Is straneous exercise the only possible answer to more weight loss? I need to lose about another 12 kg.

Dear Mrs T
I am not convinced that the blood type diet actually helps you to lose weight! It is always a good idea to combine a balanced slimming diet with regular exercise that need not be so strenuous that it knocks you out. The trick is to do the exercise regularly - 60 min of brisk walking 3 times a week or 30 min a day, is one method of ensuring that you are getting sufficient exercise and assisting weight loss. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet - compare this diet with your present one and make the necessary adjustments.