Question
Posted by: LK | 2004/11/17

Eat according to your blood type

What are your views on the bloodgroup diet?(Eating according to your bloodtype).
I'm overweight and need to loose weight desperatly to be able to get of blood pressure pills (caused by my weight), before I fall pregnant. My Homeopath put me on this bloodgroup diet, but I would like to know what your opinion is.

Dear LK
I do not agree with or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. To lose that weight, you need to reduce your energy intake (click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'The right approach' and try using the Slimming Diet as an example of healthy, balanced, but energy-reduced foods) and increase your energy output by doing some form of exercise (brisk walking, gym, skipping, cycling, swimming ). Weight loss and exercise will lower your bp. You can also click on 'You are what you eat' and 'Hypertension' and check out the 'DASH Diet' that was specifically designed to lower bp and will also cause weight loss.