Posted by: VEDRA | 2009/09/14


Good day

I had an ear infection for the second time this year. the second time I went to a Hotsprings and I was told that this has happened to more than one person. Shall I see an ENT specialist just to make sure that everythng' s ok? I don' t have any pain at the moment and my ear just sounds blocked sometimes. it' s been a couple of days after I have used the antibiotic.
Thank you

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear Verda

It is possible that you are suffering from outer ear infection (otitis externa)or a middle ear infection. The only way to be certain would be for an ENT spesialist to examine you. If you do however respond to the prescribed medication, the best could be to avoid water in your ear when you are out swimming again. Otitis externa is most likely caused by the water, and the advice from your ENT on how to avoid this in future will be very helpfull.


The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.