Question
Posted by: dix | 2005/07/03

EARS

ALTERNATIVE TO TINCTURE MERTHIOLATE EAR DROPS

Expert ImagePharmacist

Dix,

Replacement depends on what you were using the merthiolate drops for. In general merthiolate is a disinfectant an antiseptic and from this I derived that you are in search of something for mild ear infections. Note that a drop is only recommend for an ear infection with the eardrum still intact - If not, you will HAVE to consult a doctor first. A suitable replacement that is available over the counter (much more effective drops are available on prescription) would be something like Aurasept, Covancaine or Otised.

2
Posted by: Pharmacist | 2005/07/05

This all depends on what the drops is for. ANything stronger will need a prescription

Reply to Pharmacist
Posted by: dix | 2005/07/05

seen a specialist gave me this name but drops not available where i am would the drops u suggested be sufficiant

Reply to dix