Posted by: dix | 2005/07/03



Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImagePharmacist


Replacement depends on what you were using the merthiolate drops for. In general merthiolate is a disinfectant an antiseptic and from this I derived that you are in search of something for mild ear infections. Note that a drop is only recommend for an ear infection with the eardrum still intact - If not, you will HAVE to consult a doctor first. A suitable replacement that is available over the counter (much more effective drops are available on prescription) would be something like Aurasept, Covancaine or Otised.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Pharmacist | 2005/07/05

This all depends on what the drops is for. ANything stronger will need a prescription

Reply to Pharmacist
Posted by: dix | 2005/07/05

seen a specialist gave me this name but drops not available where i am would the drops u suggested be sufficiant

Reply to dix

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.