Question
Posted by: Eve | 2004/09/27

early test for Alzheimers

I am 42 years old and would like to know if there are tests available that I can undergo for Alzheimers, seeing that my Mom and 2 sisters had the disease. According to latest reports a patient can be successfully treated if it is detected in the early stages.

Eve, I’m not aware of any scientific proof that Alzheimer’s can be cure. There are genetic tests available for Alzheimer’s, but their accuracy is still being debated. The best would be to see a neurologist and have him determine whether you have it or not. Good luck.