Question
Posted by: Sweet | 2004/11/18

Early symptons of Pregnancy

Can I be experiencing symptoms of pregrancy within a week of falling pregnant? I have aching ankles and calves, a swollen belly, thirst, hot flashes and fatigue. I have just finished my period. How long should I wait to have a pregnancy test?

This is too early for symptoms of pregnancy. You can do a pregnancy test if your next period does not come when expected.

2
Posted by: Sweet | 2004/11/18

Thanks Golly. Yeah, it might be a hormone imbalance however, I had intercourse the day before I got my period. Is it not possible that I am pregnant even though I did get me period? I've read numerous articles stating that even though you get your period, it could still mean that you're pregnant.

I am certaily hoping that what I'm feeling is a hormone imbalance or stress-related...

Reply to Sweet
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/18

Sweet,

It sounds like you have a slight hormonal imbalance after your period. I had the same experience recently. Sometimes it seem our bodies take a bit longer to kick start those hormones after a period.

Anyway, if you just had your period you are not pregnant. It seems you are somewhat unclear as to when your fertile days are (roughly 14 days before your expected period). The first symptoms of pregnancy is a missed period. All other symptoms are similar to other conditions such as PMS, stress, etc.

Reply to Golly