Question
Posted by: fancy face | 2003/03/07

Early Pregnancy

I was five days late with my period, had a home pregnancy test done, showed positive, on the same day had a Beta HCG blood test done, showed positive I am 24 years old, not married and 2 and a half weeks pregnant. The problem is that I cannot keep this pregnancy. I have heard about a pill called Cytotec, please advice me if this pill is safe for me to use to end my pregnancy. Where is it available from, I am aware that I need a doctors prescription does it have to be a Gynes prescription? Can I go to my GP for the prescription. How much does the drug cost cost, I am not on Medical Aid, scared and desprate. Please advise me on how I administrate it and what the dosage is? Thank u.

Cytotec must be used under direction of a doctor. I am therefore not prepared to give you directions and doses as it is dangerous for you to use unsupervised. When you consult your doctor, the method of usage will be explained to you. As you are very early, the easiest option would be to have a suction evacuation. This can be done at a Marie-Stopes clinic or by a gynaecologist who does terminations.