Question
Posted by: Carol again | 2008/05/25

EARLY PERIOD: Ovarian Cyst or Menopause?

I have had tenderness in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen for a few weeks, and this has been coupled with breast tenderness. Both of these symptoms are very unusual for me.

My period arrived on DAY 19 of my menstrual cycle yesterday, which -- for me -- is extremely unusual too.

I am 43 years old. Is this an ovarian cyst or a sign that the menopause could be approaching?

I just want to add that I am definitely NOT pregnant or experiencing an early miscarriage. I haven't been sexually active for years.

A cyst would be more likely. Menopause should not result in pain.