Question
Posted by: Nicki | 2004/10/20

Early ovulation?

Dear gynaedoc

I am on the 7th day of my cycle and i am already getting ovulation symptoms which is a little strange becoz usually the symptoms are around day 10-12.

My cervical mucus is very watery and stretchy and seems fertile. And my temperature this morning was high which confuses me me it seems to be to early in my cycle to have already ovulated.

Im a little confused....does the symptoms indicate i have already ovulated, or am I approaching ovulation?

thanks,
nicki

Difficult. All these symptoms are non specific. It could be anything. If you had a regular cycle stick to about 14 days before next period as likely ovulation date.

2
Posted by: nicki | 2004/10/20

Thanks JR. I just wanted to know if it is possible to ovulate this early in a cycle.

I have been tracking my temps...but not everyday but i have an idea as to what my temps are before and after ovulation so thats why the high temp seemed odd.

Maybe ive been ovulating early every month and i havent been aware of it before!....hope i can get it right this month.

Thanks for your help,
nicki

Reply to nicki
Posted by: JR | 2004/10/20

Hi Nicki...

It is possible that you are gearing up for an early ovulation...
When you say that your temps are high, do you mean in comparison to others... ie.. are you actually tracking them, and therefore have a basis upon which to compare?

I have ovulated as early as day 7 before... quite a shock to me, because I would normally ovulate on day 13 or so... the CM will dry up after ovulation, so it appears that you haven't as yet ovulated.... as your CM still appears fertile...

hope I've helped!

Reply to JR