Question
Posted by: impatient | 2005/12/13

Early HPT says negative

Would a negative result with a hpt 4 days before expected menstruation mean that I am not pregnant or is it too soon to test?

It is too soon to test.

9
Posted by: Impatient | 2005/12/14

Well I feel terrible today! Tired and getting cramps... But it could just be that I am in holiday mode already and my body doesnt want to be at work anymore!!

Everything will work out - especially when you go to your first scan! Just give it a little bit of time. And dont feel bad - you are carrying another human being that you get to mould and shape and will totally adore you just because you are mom.

Keep smiling :)

Reply to Impatient
Posted by: Mandy | 2005/12/14

Impatient

Yip, did another test and this one is not faint. I am pregnant. I know he must get use to the idea but i still feel louzy. I am crossing fingers for you.

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: Impatient | 2005/12/14

A faint line is pretty definite from what I have heard. Maybe try a test in the morning when you get up - apparently thats the best time to test.

If you are pregnant, he will have to deal with it!! You need support at a time like this! But give him some time to adjust to the idea... he will come around.

Im still waiting impatiently but I got some cramps this morning so Im hoping its not my period...

Good luck Mandy!!

Reply to Impatient
Posted by: Mandy | 2005/12/14

Impatient

I got a faint line yesterday. I must be pregnant. Only now, I told my fiance last night........he is not happy. I feel so terrible.

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: Impatient | 2005/12/13

Well I hope you get the answer you want!! Im only due to start on Fri so the waiting is killing me... You could go for a blood test to confirm??

Good luck. I will hold thumbs for you.

Reply to Impatient
Posted by: Mandy | 2005/12/13

Hi there impatient

I also don't know what is going on. I did the same. I did a test 4 days before P. I did one yesterday which is the day that I should have started. Both said negative. This should be my second day of P. Frustrating as it shows negative but I haven't started yet.

Reply to Mandy
Posted by: impatient | 2005/12/13

Thanks very much Shez. Yes, the waiting is sheer agony. Dont know how Im going to make it til Friday!!

Reply to impatient
Posted by: Shez | 2005/12/13

Yes thats too soon and you would get a negative.
I got a negative 1 day before my p's were due/
Got a negative the day my p's were due but got a faint positive the day after I missed my p's.
A blood test later that day confirmed that I was pregs.

Rather wait for the 1st day of your missed p for a good reading. I know that the waiting is hell :-)

Reply to Shez
Posted by: Tan | 2005/12/13

Could be either of the two.

Rather wait 5 days after your missed period for more accurate results!

Good luck!

Reply to Tan