Posted by: anxious | 2011/08/29


had a bad dose of flu last month with a sore throat, sinus trouble, phlegm on my chest and cough etc. I got Betnesol N nose drops, 2 courses of Zinnat and cough mixture, which did seem to fix most things. However, I also had terribly blocked ears. My gp said I had bad wax build-up in both of them, especially my left ear. I had them syringed after using Cerumol for 3 days, but still seem to be having trouble with the blocked ears and seem to be having hearing problems. Do I need to see my ENT or go back to my gp? My gp''s receptionist said she can only have her wax build-up problem treated by her ENT because the gp cant always see wax build-up which is behind the ear canal? Could I have this problem - what should I do?

Thanks for the help

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Consult your ENT specialist and if there is a wax built-up, he/she will remove it. Sometimes, the blocked feeling is due to pressure and inflammation of the small tube that connects the inner ear with the nasal sinusses. Your ENT specialist will be able to give the correct treatment and best advice.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.