Posted by: abc | 2008/06/30

ear specialists

Hi doc,

I‘ve had tinnitus in both of my ears for 5 years. Now if I chew food, there is an extra noise in my right ear. Though it's not a great way to describe it, but anyway let me say it, it sounds like that there is too much wax in the ear and they are touching each other.

Are they related problems? Is there any suggestions on what it might be, or advices on which good ear specialist I can visit?

Thanks in advance.

Dear abc
What you are describing is possibly inflammation of the tempero mandibular joint where the jaw attaches to the skull. Press just in front of your ear, and feel if it is tender if you open and close your mouth? Your GP can have a quick look to confirm if this is the problem and only refer you to an ENT specialist if needed ( costs about 4 x as much as seeing the GP!)