Question
Posted by: nana | 2007/03/15

ear problems

Hi there i have a 6 yr old who's not staying with me here in PTA but in UMTATA with my aunt before he went there he's had an ear problem since he was 2 years. his ear is always full of the wax up to the point of it to come out and he doesnt want anyone to touch his ear, also he's having stomach problems always going to the toilet to do number two running stomach. the thing that worries me is his ear cause it'll make him to be deaf. please help

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Nana
Leave the wax - the ear have a normal way of getting rid of it and it won't harm his ears. Just wash the outside of the ear with warm soapy water. Wax is water soluble, so if a little bit of water comes in the ear, it will help soften the wax. Alternatively you can buy Waxol and put drops in his ears once every week.
He needs to be checked by a dr for the runny tummy, he may have a parasite infection that needs special antibiotics. You must tell the doctor that this has been going on for a while.