Question
Posted by: Bob | 2008/01/28

ear problem

Hi, 2 yrs ago i went scuba diving and perforated my ear drum. I saw a specialist, he gave me a sinus op and rested it for months afterwards. The hole had closed and now can see a scar. I had no problems for a while and have not gone diving since. Now, for the last 6 months I've been having trouble with it again. I constantly have the feeling of water in my ear after swimming and showering. If I massage the back of the ear and when I sleep on that side liquid comes out. I have seen a Dr. about something else and got him to check it out, but says he can only see the scar. What should I do?

Dear Bob
Get a second opinion from an ENT specialist. If there is an opening in the eardrum, the water and soap getting into the middle ear can cause infection and damage to the sensitive hearing organs. No healthy ear drains a watery liquid.

1
Posted by: xolani pamla | 2009/01/12

hi doc

i have ear problems.its been about 6 months.i waent to a specislist instead of getting better my right ear is detoriating.what is does is that there are strange sounds comimng out of my right ear mostly.that are like a silent mourning frog.rhoh rhoh rhoh! kho kho ! i hate them.is there a way i can remove them permanently

Reply to xolani pamla