Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/08/12

EAR PAIN

CD

Last month when my gp was away I went to casualty at a hospital near us - I carried on vomiting and wasnt feeling great. The doctor on duty said I had a bad throat infection and have me an antibiotic. He said the problem I was complaining about my year was probably due to bad wax build-up - he couldn;t see any sort of infection. My ear has been sore ever since - but until Thurs this week only during the night - its my left ear and I dont sleep on that side. Since Thurs its been bugging me during the day also. I went for my blood test on Fri and my gp agreed he couldn't see an infection problem, but agreed that my ears were blocked and commented that odly enough my right one was worse than my left one! He gave me Cerumol (I had forgotten how horrendous that smell is!) to use - 4 drops into both ears 2x a day and am I going tomorrow for syringing! I never imagined wax build-up only could cause such agonising pain! I went to bed last night and took 2 propain forte (I wasnt going to but then thought, I cant deal with this pain!) I woke up at about 01:00am to go to the loo and took them again - the pain was back and I took them again at 04:00am - its STILL very painful!

I guess tomorrow I will see what he says!

HI Anxious
Sometimes the wax presses on the eardrum , which is very sensitive - it should feel better after the syringing - please don't use earbuds in your ears - it just presses it harder against the eardrum.