Question
Posted by: RT | 2007/05/21

Ear Pain??

I went to the doc about 2 weeks ago and she said that i have a the flu and ear infection and gave me antibiotics. 5 days later i went back as my nose was still running and i genaraly felt bad. She again gave me more antibiotics and told me that the ear infection is not better and she had my ears tested for presure with was high. She booked me off work for 2 days. My problem is that my nose are still running(green in colour) and my ears are still very sore. Is there anything that i can use to clear my nose and fix my ears?

Dear RT
Try sniffing with salt water - 1/2 tsp salt with 1 cup luke warm water - sniff up and blow out. this will help the phlegm to drain and the sinuses to get a chance to heal and fight the infection. The ears are probably sore because the post nasal drip causes swelling of the eustachian tubes, blocking the airflow to the middle ear. Try using Drixine nose drops for 5 days 2 times a day.