Question
Posted by: catnip | 2005/06/10

ear mites in 7 month old cat

hi,

the vet said my cat had ear mites- he saw it when we had him neutered. He never scratched his ears before then. I got drops to put in his ears every morning. Unfortynately I missed one morning. The cat is still showing no signs of ear mites. The drops were supposed to be put in every morning for 5 days. He probably got them about three days in total. Will this be sufficient? How will I know if he still has ear motes since he never scratched his ears in the first place?

It is quite possible that the drops may have been successful to kill off the mites by now. If there is uncertainty, just place the drops twice more.

Dr Malan van Zyl
Veterinary Specialist Physician
Cape Town

1
Posted by: Purr | 2005/06/10

You cant see ear mites with the ordinary eye, you can only see the evidence namely -if you put a cotton tip into kittys ear there will be a brownish substance and also a brown wax like built up.You can also use frontline plus for cats--put one drop in each ear and massage.This monthly treatment will cure your kitty.

Reply to Purr