Question
Posted by: Annie | 2007/08/01

Ear infection

My dog, "a maltese pavement special" keeps on getting ear infection. The drops that the vet gave does not help. Someone suggested I use mecurechrome. Can I do it? Must I dilute it?

Mercurochrome is not a good idea. If the drops aren't working there are two most likely reasons. 1. the wrong drops have been prescribed or 2. the drops are not being applied correctly. If you are sure you are getting the drops into the ear canal and you are cleaning the ear each time before you add new drops and there is no improvement, please return to your vet so they can take a sample from the ear and send it to the lab to determine which drops should be used. Please remember to ensure that the dropper of the ear drop bottle does not contact the ear canal or the whole bottle can become contaminated.

2
Posted by: kelly | 2007/08/05

My 5year old Foxie seems to have infection in the throat like a cold , & ear infection , what is the best cure

Reply to kelly
Posted by: anon | 2007/08/01

My last dog I had used to get ear infections and I was given a tube with a nozzle and shown how to apply into the dogs ear.

It always worked. Has your Vet taken a swab and checked what type of infection your dog has.

Reply to anon