Question
Posted by: Kim | 2004/10/01

Ear infection

I have this buzzing noise in my ear from morning to night when I go to bed. How can I doctor it. Tis very uncomfortable.

Kim, it sounds like you might have tinnitus. The treatment of tinnitus all depends on whether we can find out what the cause of the tinnitus is. Tinnitus may occur as a symptom of nearly all ear disorders. The treatment is thus firstly aimed at treating the underling cause, secondly at treating any associated hearing loss and then at masking the tinnitus by means of background noise that is more pleasant than the tinnitus itself (radio etc). I doubt that it is due to stress or exercise, but I suppose it’s possible. The best person to help you with all this would an ENT surgeon or maybe a neurologist. Good luck.