Question
Posted by: Vicky | 2007/04/03

Dyspareunia-straight facts please

Hi I’m 19 yrs old and yesterday I was diagnosed with Dyspareunia by a doctor who referred me to a gynaecologist.

It is so sore during sex that it even hurts when the penis goes in a little bit – it has always been like this. The pain is deep inside. The doctor said I am very small and tender and that my cervix is also extremely low. I really just want straight facts before I see my gynaecologist. Is it possible that a very small amount of people can’t have sexual intercourse because their cervix is so low??? And what are the chances of ever having a natural birth. She also said I have a very long cerix palpable.

After some test she said both my ovaries were normal with a small amount of free fluid in the pelvis? And my B HCG was negative inflammatory markers were normal. I usually have very heavy periodes.
Please help -thank you!

The low cervix shouold not be causing pain. It is more likely that you are 'tight' or not relaxed enough.
there is no reason not to have natural birth.
A small amount of free fluid in the pelvis is normal at certain times of the cycle and the other tests are normal. See what the gynaecologist suggests for the pain with sex.