Posted by: Camden | 2008/06/04


Hi Dr,

I wonder if you or any readers would be able to assist?

I suspect my 9 year old has Dyslexia. He battles with reading writing and spelling. And his father battled in these areas due to the fact that he was ambidextrous and had to 'Train" himself to become right handed as informed by his dr.

The problem is i need to find out how i go about professionally diagnosing him. So that the problem can be realised and solutions can be given ie change of learning method etc.

What type of proffesional do i need to see?

Thank you for your time!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Dear Camden
See an occupational therapist for an evaluation. (look in the yellow pages)
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Ruby | 2008/06/04

Hi Camden,
I had a problem with dyslexia when I was that age. My mom send me to extra classes at a learning centre and after that I never had the problem again. I am not sure where you would find a learning centre like that, but I think a psychologist would be able to assist. I had to concentrate much harder, but I managed to learn that. I used to write in mirror image. All the best! Regards, Ruby

Reply to Ruby

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.