Question
Posted by: LINDA | 2004/01/11

DYING FROM ACNE

I am 26. Taken Diane for several years but it did not clear up my skin. I am now on Mirelle but my skin is still the same. It gets really bad when I get hot or when I gym. It makes me a horrible person to be around because as soon as I get hot I get irritated and moody because I know I'm going to have a bad break out in the morning. I have been told to stay away from antibiotics and after reading about the side effects I have decided to do just that. I don't want to harm my body or my liver with medications. I was told that I can take hormones with the Mirelle and it would clear my skin up. Please Please Please is there anybody that can help me. I have not been out for 1 week now because people keep staring at me. What hormones should I take and do I need to see my gyni to get them? Is there anything else I can do?

Linda, I doubt that your acne are just due to hormone problems. It might be due to a combination of factor and just changing the hormones you’re one won’t have the desired effects. The best would be to see a dermatologist and have it sorted out. Good luck.

4
Posted by: Sean | 2004/01/12

Roaccutane really helped me, & from what u say about yourself I was in the same boat.

You definitely need to to see a dermatologist & try this option.

But there are serious side effects to Roaccutane. be forwarned

All the luck

Reply to Sean
Posted by: Mango | 2004/01/12

Stress also plays a big role in the control of acne, that's why Snoopy says the sun helps, 'cause you're relaxed. Do not ever squeeze pimples because they tend to burst towards the inside and just causes more damage. Antibacterial soap is not good for your skin because you also have "good bacteria" which helps to get rid of old skin. My advice would be Roacutan. It was the one and only stuff that worked for me after years of trying everything. The only soap that is oil-free and safe to use is Dove. Good luck!

Reply to Mango
Posted by: LINDA | 2004/01/12

Thanks snoop

Reply to LINDA
Posted by: Snoopy | 2004/01/12

Have you seen a Dermatologist?
Have you tried Roaccutan?
Did Diane have an effect on your body weight?
Acne is caused from (1)too much oil being secreted from the oil glands in your skin, which then (2)blocks the pores because it cannot escape fast enough, trapping (3)bacteria which then results in infections in the pores (pimples).
One would have to treat 1, or 2, or 3 or all of them in order to deal with acne successfully. The Doc, I'm sure will advise how this can best be achieved.
I have found that genuine sunlight tanning (the UV light kills bacteria) to be extremely helpful when all else seems fails.
(One could perhaps consider very carefully and accurately "opening" (lancing) pimples with a sterile syringe needle in order to gently release the pus and infectious bacteria. Please bear in mind that squeezing a pimple too harshly damages the protective wall which is formed around the pimple, hence spreading the infection, resulting in a much larger "pimple".
I wonder if "protex" antibacterial soap would help, Doc?
Good Luck.

Reply to Snoopy