Posted by: sadi | 2009/04/11

dvt and flying

My father had DVT and died from the clot going into his lungs. My brother (55) is on medication for DVT. I have recently been experiencing a lame type of pain in my left calf, aggrivated by long periods of sitting. I find flying uncomfortable, having to stretch my left leg often. I am 50. How will a doctor go about finding out if i
suffer from DVT? I am flying in a weeks time again and is concerned about this.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Your doctor will do a venogram to evaluate your veins in your legs. He/she can also do a clotting profile to evaluate if there is any other problem that will cause DVT's. Blood tests will also be helpful to determine a possible cause.

Refer to the following link for more information about deep vein thrombosis:


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.