Question
Posted by: Blinky | 2007/02/20

DVD help with marriage

You know to get one's husband to go to (that dreaded word) "counselling" is impossible. I have one or two rather excellent books on marriage guidance so I was wondering is there was such a thing as a DVD where we could both sit and watch. That would be very acceptable. Main problem is communication and just really accepting the other person for what they are - but there is room for improvement and hubby recognises that and say he will work on what he realises is his problem. But my point is that we are not professionals and working on a problem is not to bury it or ignore it - it requires work. Needless to say I too have areas that need adjusting so that we can live in harmony (well most of the time anyway). We are not youngsters so it may be more difficult. Any suggestions. Also CBT which is what I would like is rather costly and he certainly will not agree to or want to attend?????

I'm sure there OUGHT to be such DVDs, but I haven't had the time or occasion to look for them or review them. For DVD in general, I advise going to a good US site like Amazon.com to search, as they contain good info and useful reviews by others who have bought and used the product --- then check out getting whatever you find, on the only good SA DVD site, take2.co.za, based in Cape Town, which sources US / UK and Australian DVDs at good prices and brings them within around 3 weeks. Just be sure your DVD player is multi-region and that it can play a US or Aussie DVD, otherwise stick to UK as they are on the same zone as us. Nothing worthwhile has been done in SA --- remember that grotesque and vulgar rubbish that was the last local sexual advice series ?