Question
Posted by: Cheryl | 2005/12/08

DUROMINE

I am strugling to lose weight. Someone has told me about Duromine. Can you tell me more about this medication and how it works.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Phentermine is a prescription item and contains PHENTermine. It works by decreasing your appetite and, in combination with diet and exercise, to help you lose weight. Phentermine is indicated in the management of exogenous obesity as a short term (a few weeks) adjunct in a regimen of weight reduction based on caloric restriction.

2
Posted by: jess | 2006/01/30

yeah Ellen thats the same with me, although i have only been on it for 3 days (30 mg) so far i have had very little side effects, i'm still hungry and have no energy at all, i have no problems sleeping ( up to 12 hrs a night ) and then have little energy during the day. isnt it supose to give me more enery and not as hungry ? i'm worried it may not work for me as my sister has also been on it and had noticeable side effects, much more energy and was hardly hungry- currently she has lost 10 - 12 kg in 2 months, i'm worried it isnt working for me ?

Reply to jess
Posted by: Ellen | 2006/01/17

I have been reading about duromine and other peoples reactions about excessive weight loss and not eating. Ive been on duromine for two weeks. I have found around midday I feel as Im starving and get hunger pains and hunger shakes. I eat small healty meals 3 x day. As well as fruit for morning tea. As far as side effects I feel completely normal, apart from occassional sweating and a dry mouth in the afternoon. I have lost about 2kg in this time. Sleeping is not a problem. . Is this normal?

Reply to Ellen