Question
Posted by: Aud | 2004/10/20

Duromine

Could you pls explain to me how this pill worx. My friend took it and lost tons of weight, so I would just like to know how it manages to do this ... i thought it was only an appetite supressant.
Also, do Vitamin B injections work for weight loss (obviously in conjunction with a kilojoule controlled diet)?
Awaiting ur response.

Dear Aud
According to my copy of the MDR, Duromine is an anorexic product that suppresses appetite and can therefore cause weight loss in obese patients if combined with an energy reduced diet, exercise and behaviour modification. It is a schedule 5 medication and can therefore only be prescribed by a dr. Like all appetite suppressants it can cause a variety of negative side-effects. Vit B injections may stimulate your overall metabolism and lead to moderate weight loss, but they can also stimulate your appetite so that the 2 effects may cancel each other out. To lose weight you need to reduce your energy intake and increase your energy expenditure and all the pills and treatments will only cost a lot of money.

2
Posted by: Aud | 2004/10/21

Why dangerous? That is why I'd like to know more about this medication ............... and does the doctor EVER answer questions?
Will still wait

Reply to Aud
Posted by: mona | 2004/10/21

i try it & had the shakes, totally on a high no good try a high protein diet it work like a bom avoid bread, rice & patato lots of veg & fruit 2 litres of water
duromine is dangerous

Reply to mona