Question
Posted by: Tanya | 2004/10/18

Duromine

Hi! I'm 23 years old and went on a hi-carb diet last year and lost 44 kg's within 6 months. I have now again picked up 13 kg's and want to loose it before Dec. I got Duromine from one of my friends and would just like to know how you feel about this pill? I have no medical history and my blood pressure is fine, is it safe for me to take this pill?

Dear Tanya
I think you are a total ***star*** for losing 44 kg - that is nearly a another whole person! I don't understand why you want to use a different system to lose weight when your hi-carb diet worked so well??? You also realise that it's asking a bit much to lose 13 kg in about 5 weeks. Duromine is a shedule 5 drug and should Never be used if you are not under medical supervision. Don't take tablets that were prescribed for other people. If you do use Duromine then the following side-effects are listed in my copy of MIMS: hypertension or high bp, palpitations and irregular heart beats, nervous system effects including psychotic episodes, problems with urination, facial swelling, etc, etc, I would really like to urge you to stick to your previous diet and not to take diet pills that may cause side-effects. Go back to your original diet and do some regular exercise to aid weight loss.

1
Posted by: Victoria | 2004/10/19

Hi Tanya
Congratulations! i think its amazing that you managed to loose so much weight. I'm trying to loose weight for the past 3mnths now, but nothing seems to help. Could you tell me more about the high-carb diet you followed? (eg. a typical day of eating) i always thought carbs were suposed to be "BAD" food?
Please help me if you can. Thank you.
Victoria

Reply to Victoria