Question
Posted by: Minamoo | 2008/01/03

Duromine 15mg

HI I have just started duromine 15mg. I want to know something will this in fact help me to loose weight, why I am asking is that I don;t really eat so much in fact i maybe eat once or twice a day. I do suffer of water retrention i have been on a diet which you go to a pharmacist who injects you everyweek and you follow a high protein diet, this pharmacist even gave me Eltroxin and adco Retic to drink, may this have affected my hormones I have acne like a teenager. I lost a lot of weight wile on this diet but since i stopped i 've just been picking up. Not eating excessively. I also have low blood pressure so i do eat a lot of salt. Please help me with advise. What may be wrong with me I just keep on putting on weight now wearing a 42 going 44 Help me!!!!!!

Dear Minamoo
I think that the water retention you suffer from may be due to your high salt intake. Do try and cut down as much as possible even if you have low bp. Eating too much salt can also damage the kidneys which could cause water retention, so if this condition persists I would recommend that you have a medical checkup to determine why you retain so much water. Duromine is an appetite suppressant. The following side-effects can occur with Duromine (which contains phentermine as its active ingredient), as listed in my copy of MIMS: pulmonary hypertension, central nervous system effects including psychotic episodes and hallucinations, cardiovascular effects, gastrointestinal disturbances, problems with urination, rash, impotence or changes in libido, facial oedema and blurred vision. I would personally rather use a balanced low-fat diet and exercise to lose weight rather than diet pills and high protein diets (which as you see, cause rapid weight loss, but result in just as rapid regain of all the weight that is lost). Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life).

4
Posted by: shaney | 2009/01/28

???

Reply to shaney
Posted by: Moroko | 2008/01/04

you can email me at morokoshaiATyahooDOTcom

i will respond to your emails on tuesday because i will be out of town for the weekend till then.

The other thing, you must actually eat every 2 hours to balance your blood sugar level to reduce the likelihood of craving. you can eat a fruit or a vegatable or anything just as long as it is full grain and unrefined.

It'll also be good if you can find out what your blood group is. this will help you to avoid the kind of food that your metabolism does not respond well to.

i will share more informaton with you via email.

all the best!

Reply to Moroko
Posted by: Minamo | 2008/01/04

Thank you for all the advise I think that you may be right I will go and see a doctor. Moroko thanks to you as well, i would appretiate it if we could talk some more

Reply to Minamo
Posted by: Moroko | 2008/01/04

hi there

I was in the same situation as you. I lost 35 kilos from 90 i'm now 55. My advice is that find out the root cause, go to the Dr and hav insulin resistance tests done. From there eat healthy, no sugar, all full unrefined full grains, fruits and vegetables. its not easy but its doable. i also have low blood pressure. Keep away from Duromine because its bad for your health with enourmous side effects some even life threatening. its also a temporary solution. The key is to develop a healthy life style that you keep forever with enourmous benefits other than weight loss. If you want to i can give you my private mail address we can talk more about this, i know how you feel, i've been there. Actually a friend of mine had low blood pressure and started taking duromine and she collapsed while driving, thats how bad it can be.

All the best!

Reply to Moroko