Question
Posted by: Just Wondering | 2007/02/19

Durex Tingle - Lubricant

We have been ttc for more than 2 years and i struggle with dryness sometimes.

We received a sample of the Durex Tingle lubricant.

The lable says that it doesn't contain spermicide, however it's a menthol lubricant.

Is this safe for us to use, or should we rather not?

I would appreciate your opinion on this.

Thank you.

Dear Just wondering

Most lubricants eventhough they do not contain spermicide may effect sperm transport from the endocervical canal. My suggestion is because you have been trying to conceive for the last two years you should try avoid using any lubricant. However, not using a lubricant may not always result in a pregnancy and since you have been trying for already two years, I would suggest you go to your doctor or your gynaecologist to try and investigate as to why it is taking you and your partner so long to conceive. There may well be other causes.

1
Posted by: G | 2007/02/19

Don't use any lubricant besides Preseed if you are TTC

Reply to G