Question
Posted by: Sylvia | 2004/10/22

Durex and other Condoms

Dear Doctor

I recentley had a few conversations and one topic cept coming up. I have been told by several of my friends that
intrcorse with a man wearing a condom can still be lethal
as apparently the latex of any condom has very small
little openings and that the Aids virus can still get through these openings as the Aids virus is apparently 50 times
smaller than these openings in the condoms. Doc, is this an old wives tail or is it true. I always insist on a condom and thought that I was safe, I am no very worried.
Sylvia

It is correct that condoms are not a 100% protection against HIV, just as they are not against falling pregnant. They merely lessen the chances.The safest way to prevent HIV is to stick to the same partner.

1
Posted by: /////// | 2004/10/22

Hi!

I don't think that u have anything to worry about... Condoms are really safe as long as they're used properly!

Ppl tend to make up silly stories about condoms, thus discouraging ppl to use them... But don't let that affect u!

The last time it was the weired story about the maggots in condoms that u get from the clinics, and now its this!!!

To all those ppl that think like this... I think they're crazy!

Reply to ///////