Question
Posted by: reality | 2007/03/22

Durban homeopath Carte Blance

This is my 1st attempt to join chat group, so please be gentle!
Have been trying for 5 years to fall pregnant. Had 4 AI's and 1 IVF with ICSI. Turning 35 this year and have the feeling that time is running out.

Has anyone tried the dr that was on Carte Blance in Durban? Would like to get more info on their packages, I'm from Joburg. Anything funny/strange in the program?

Dear Reality

Due to ethical constraints, I am unable to awnser this question.

9
Posted by: G | 2007/03/22

Vitalab is in Sandton, on Rivonia Road. Next door to McDonalds.

Reply to G
Posted by: reality | 2007/03/22

Is Vitalab a clinic? Where?

Reply to reality
Posted by: reality | 2007/03/22

Good luck for tomorrow, hope you will feel calm inside!!

I think after AI's & IVF that didn't work, trying FB will only be another project to fail.

Which clinic are you going to?

Reply to reality
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/22

Hi Reality,
Yes, we are currently with Vitalab. I'm having an IUI tomorrow infact. Please pray for me!

If you have R800 spare a month then its worth trying FB for a couple of months and see what happens. I have heard lots of success stories but unfortunately I realise now that our problems are a bit bigger and need specialist help. It might work for you but just dont think it will solve everything.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Tami | 2007/03/22

I also spent a long time going round and round to different doctors - finally went to Vitalab - they were really helpful and we now have a son. I got my info from fertilitree!com after I read their story there - they have all the contact info for all the clinics in SA. P>S also started using an ov monitor - which helped a lot. Good Luck

Reply to Tami
Posted by: reality | 2007/03/22

Thanks for being honest. I don't want to get excited over something that will not work again! Tired of hoping...
Think I will go back on staminogro for next 3 months and then give IVF a final try.

Have you gone to any other fertility specialist?

Reply to reality
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/22

I dont want to be the bearer of bad news but we went to them for quite some time and it didnt seem to improve our situations. I have pcos and hubby has low sperm count, motility & morphology problems. We tried FB and doing their program for about 6 months and still my hubby's sperm has not improved and my pcos is as bad as ever. They are also very slow to respond (probably due to being very busy) and also I found them to be extremely expensive.

FB can help some people, but depending on your problem it might not help you at all. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, I also thought it would solve everything.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Reality | 2007/03/22

Thanks for your reply.

I've phoned the clinic but find them very slow to help. I'm trying to find out how the program works. Do I need to go to Durban every month, if yes, for how long? Do they have travel packs like medfem? Would like to know the details before approaching my husband.

Have you been there?

Reply to Reality
Posted by: Natasha | 2007/03/22

Hi!

The dr is dr.Collins. Try contacting the life centre in Durban or visit their websites. You can find the websites under lifecentre and fertiboost.

Hope it helps!

Reply to Natasha